The best premium credit card for everyday use is Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express especially if you consider getting cash back above any other criteria because you will earn cashback in your everyday life.
I got to know of this card some years back and since then it has always found a place in my wallet following me everywhere, I go. The Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express offers a variety of features that help you avoid future fees, protect your cards and make smart decisions with your money.
However, there are other outstanding card options available also that you can choose but the Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express is the overall best offering some of the best perks out there.
Best Premium Credit Card for Everyday Use 2023
With Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express, you can enroll in some of the best perks that are considered to be the best card for supermarkets, gas, groceries, and travel—but it’s designed for everyday spending.
Read Also: Best Credit Card for Family Travel Right Now
Why Use The Card?
Use this card when you need flexibility, value, and convenience. It’s a no-hassle way to pay as much as you want. Charge your purchases on the Card daily and transfer Deferred Rewards into your bank account—right away—to build creditworthiness with no effort required on your part.
Also, The Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express is a credit card designed for everyday use. It gives you access to the best of both worlds: cash back on every purchase, plus points that can be redeemed for travel rewards.
Read Also: Can a Travel Nurse Get Unemployment? [What You Should Know]
The card also offers double points at U.S. supermarkets for up to $6,000 in spending per year (then 1 point per dollar), double points at U.S. gas stations for up to $7,000 in spending per year (then 1 point per dollar), and triple points at U.S. department stores for up to $10,000 in spending per year (then 1 point per dollar).
In addition to earning rewards on purchases, you can also earn cashback by using your card for eligible net-new purchases made every three months or more (you’ll receive 10% cash back if you do this).
Read Also: What Is The Salary Of A Travel Nurse? [Types & All You should Know]
This is why we recommend this card as our top pick for its lucrative rewards program and other benefits. To further enlighten you and help you decide whether or not you will be interested in this card, below are the features of Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Welcome or Sign-up Bonus
Fortunately, there is a welcome bonus waiting for you as soon as your card is approved. You get a $0 Buy Now, Pay Later intro Plan It on plans created during the first 12 months from the date of account opening. Also, you earn a $350 welcome bonus on account opening.
Annual Fee & Foreign Transaction Fee
The card has an annual fee of $95, making it a great option for avid spenders. Also, you will be charged a foreign transaction fee on international purchases.
The card comes with a 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers made within the first 60 days of opening your account.
After that, the variable APR will be 15.49% to 25.49%, based on your creditworthiness at the time of application; but there’s no penalty APR if you fully pay off your balance monthly on or before the due date.
With this card, you’ll get access to all those great rewards! Plus, you’ll also enjoy cashback including”
- 6% Cashback on all purchases at U.S. supermarkets on spending up to $6,000 per year (then 1%)
- 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
- 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more.
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases
Pros and Cons
- Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express has one of the best-earning structures for cash-back credit cards.
- It comes with access to Amex offers which is an added advantage to saving more money.
The downside of obtaining this card include:
- The $6,000 spending cap on the supermarket bonus category may not work fine for avid spenders and large grocery budgets.
- A foreign transaction fee on international purchases is applicable.
What is the Most Luxurious Credit Card in the World?
The most luxurious credit card in the world is none other than the American Express Centurion Card. This card is considered to be for the super-rich because of its perceived very high level of status.
You’ll also get access to Global Lounge Collection, also you will get access to the Centurion Lounges at select airports worldwide and VIP access to events like concerts (or even just fan events), as well as a 24/7 concierge service that helps you book travel and other services.
Furthermore, you will be granted exclusive retail benefits, including the Saks Fifth Avenue credits, InCircle rewards, Centurion Shopping Program, and the MR PORTER and NET-A-PORTER Shopping Service.
The American Express Centurion Card is a rewards credit card that offers you several benefits. As one of the most prestigious credit cards on the market, it has many perks to offer its users such as
The American Express Centurion Card is a premium credit card with a high annual fee that’s capped at $5000.
The regular APR 17.49% variable that is eligible Pay Over Time purchases
The card offers a rewards program that includes 1.5X Membership Rewards points per dollar on all purchases above $5,000 (Up to 1 million additional points per calendar year).
Also, you will earn 1X Membership Rewards points on all eligible purchases. Fortunately, redeeming the Membership Rewards points is flexible and easy.
Pros and Cons
The interesting part of owning this card includes:
- Exceptionality and uniqueness
- Redeem points can be easily redeemed with no hassle
- You enjoy tailor-made customer service
- There are loads of benefits that can help negate the fee
While the benefits can be enticing, look at the icons below.
- You can’t apply for this card as it is based on invite only
- The annual fee is huge at $5,000
- The commencement fee is cumbersome at $10,000
- Annual fee required for authorized user cards
- There is no bonus category
Which Card is best for International Travel?
If you intend to travel but don’t know which card to go for, we recommend to you the American Express Gold Card which is our personal best for international travel.
The American Express Gold Card is a credit card that offers several benefits to its users. The credit card is designed to provide members of the American Express Rewards program with benefits and perks.
The card offers several features, including:
You earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $4,000 on eligible purchases within the first 6 months of card membership.
The annual fee of $250 applies
APR Period and Foreign Transaction Fee
There is no introductory APR, but a regular 17.49% – 24.49% variable applies afterward. Also, there is no foreign transaction fee (FTF) on purchases made outside of the US.
The reward perks include 1.5X points on flights booked directly with airlines or with Amex Travel, 50% miles back after $20k spent in the first 3 months, and a 1:1 point transfer to airline partners.
Also, you will earn 4X Membership Rewards points at Restaurants (including takeout and delivery) and supermarkets (on purchases up to $25,000 per calendar year, then 1X) in the U.S.
You will also earn 3X points on flights booked directly with airlines or, 1X points on all other purchases
What is a World Credit Card?
A World Credit Card is a credit card issued by a bank that is accepted in multiple countries. This means that you can use your World Credit Card wherever you travel, making it easier to manage your finances.
You’ll also be able to earn rewards on any purchases made with your World Credit Card, which can make it easier to pay off your balance each month.
The first step in using a World Credit Card is to apply online at the bank of your choice that offers a world credit card. Once you have been approved, you will receive a welcome letter and information about how to activate your card.
World Credit Cards offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- No foreign transaction fees (or ATM fees!), no annual fee, or any kind of fee charges.
- Insurance coverage for lost or stolen cards
- Save up to 5% cash back on purchases at certain stores that accept certain cards (like Amazon)
- Access to over 1 million ATMs worldwide
Credit Card for Luxury Brands
The best credit card for luxury brands in the American Express Centurion Card. The credit card is considered to be one of the best credit cards available, and it offers some really attractive features.
The first thing that makes this card stand out from other cards is its name: “Centurion.” The word “Centurion” means “one who stands for something,” which is exactly what this card does.
This card gives you access to some of the best luxury perks in the world, including travel benefits like free airport lounge access and ticket upgrades, as well as an airline companion pass that lets you bring along one additional companion on all flights paid with your card.
You’ll also get access to a suite at any hotel they offer (which sounds like luxury in itself), as well as access to exclusive events and experiences through their membership program.
Best Platinum Cards
There are numerous platinum cards available in the market, all with different benefits and rewards, charges and fee applications. However, our overall top pick is the Platinum Card from American Express.
The Platinum Card from American Express is a premium travel credit card that gives you access to exclusive benefits and rewards. There is no annual fee, no application fee, and no balance transfer fees.
Other benefits include:
- Access to airport lounges with membership privileges
- Complimentary access to select events in New York City and Los Angeles (including concerts)
- 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $6,000 on purchases in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked via American Express Travel or directly with airlines up to $500,000 on these purchases for each calendar year. You will also earn 5X Membership Rewards Points on prepaid hotels booked through American Express Travel.
- The Platinum Card from American Express is a highly versatile travel credit card that allows you to earn rewards and access to exclusive perks.
- You’ll earn 2x points on airfare, 1x points on every other purchase, and 10x points on Global Entry or TSA Pre-Application Fee (up to $100 annually).
- You’ll also get access to airport lounge visits, a $200 airline fee credit per calendar year (up to $100), and a $200 statement credit towards the Global Entry or TSA Pre-Application Fee.
Other top platinum cards are:
- Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express Card
- S. Bank Visa Platinum Card image
- Capital One Platinum Credit Card
- Citi / Advantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
- Comerica Bank Visa Platinum Card
Travel credit cards with no annual fee
If you are searching for travel credit cards with no annual fee, look no further than the listed credit cards below.
- Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card
- Chase Freedom Flex
- United Gateway Card
- Wells Fargo Active Cash Card
- Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Credit Card
- S. Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature Card
Are Premium Credit Cards Worth It?
A premium credit card is worth it if you have the money. Premium credit cards are often called “luxury” or “signature” credit cards and they are a great option if you want to enjoy the benefits of a premium credit card without having to pay an annual fee.
These cards offer the most premium benefits and are usually available only to high-income individuals.
A premium credit card typically comes with a higher interest rate than a standard credit card and/or offers additional perks such as a higher credit limit, An increased credit limit after a specific number of on-time payments is made, and much longer grace period, among others.
These cards can be used for day-to-day spending and could be especially useful for those who want to maximize their rewards points or get better value out of their travel rewards points.
There are many different types of premium cards, including airline cards, hotel cards, and even business cards. Each type has its pros and cons.
The Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express is a credit card that pays you back for spending on everyday purchases. It’s designed to help you maximize your rewards and earn more cashback than with other cards.