You will be enlightened on How to Get Cambodia Business Visa in our discussion today. Cambodia has closed its border for business due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, you can still enter the country but the process is somewhat tedious.
You will be briefed on who is eligible, the current requirements for Cambodia visas, and what you will need to enter the country. A step-by-step guide has been compiled to help you with the application process.
How To Get Cambodia Business Visa (Step By-Step Guide)
The Kingdom of Cambodia is a beautiful country to visit and a land of opportunity to carry out business. For this reason, many foreign nationals are interested to enter the country for business purposes. As such, you will need to get Cambodia Business Visa to be allowed entrance into the country.
Visas to Cambodia can only be obtained at a Cambodian embassy or consulate in your home country or jurisdiction in charge of your country.
Read Also: [Full Guide] How To Apply For Visa Extension In USA
However, visa exemptions, visa-on-arrival, and electronic visas are currently suspended due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Also, land borders to enter a country such as Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam are closed, but foreign nationals with proper visas and travel documents are liable to still enter Cambodia by air.
Also, you can still get 6-month and 1-year visas to enter the country even if you are not employed.
Read Also: [Full Guide] How To Get Saudi Arabia Work Visa
The Cambodia business visa is considered an E-class (not the same as an electronic visa) visa that covers most Cambodian expatriates, freelance workers, volunteers, and their families.
You can apply for the visa upon your arrival and it is valid for 30 days. Also, this ordinary visa can be extended indefinitely after 30 days.
When you go for your visa extension, you can choose from a variety of options which include EB, EG, ER, or ES visa extension, known as an EOS, or extension of stay.
Read Also: [Full Guide] How To Obtain A Tourist Visa For Bolivia
EB: The EB business EOS visa covers most Cambodian immigrants, including those who are working-class persons, their spouses and children, freelancers, and volunteers.
The visa renewable extension can be valid for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months, although only the 6- and 12-month visa extensions allow multiple entries.
EG: The EG renewable visa extension for ex-pats is designed for foreign nationals entering Cambodia to search for employment. The visa can last 1, 3, or 6 months.
ER: The new retirement visa extension is designed for foreign nationals of retirement age who can provide documentation of retirement in their home country (such as a pension or Social Security).
Read Also: [Complete Guide] How To Get A Work Permit Visa For Japan
They will also prove their financial provisions to support themselves. The ER visa extensions are typically granted to those who are 55 and over
ES: The ES visa extension is a student visa and the visa extension can be issued for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months.
You can get a Cambodia Visa by applying from the Cambodian embassy in your home country. Also, you can get a business visa upon arrival at the land and or air borders.
How To Get A Cambodia Business Visa At Land Border.
If you’ll be traveling into the Kingdom of Cambodia via land, you can get the visa at a border checkpoint. Interestingly, Cambodia has 19 land border checkpoints with Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam. However, you can’t get this at every border checkpoint.
Read Also: [Comprehensive Guide] How To Get US Business Visa
In general, every foreign worker first needs to apply for a one-month Ordinary Visa which can be later renewed for the desired length of time.
Below is a list of Cambodia land borders where you can get your visa;
- Bavet international checkpoint.
- Moc Bai, Vietnam to Svay Rieng, Cambodia.
- Kha Orm Sam Nor international checkpoint.
- Ving Xuong, Vietnam to Kandal, Cambodia.
- Phnom Den international checkpoint.
- Tinh Bien, Vietnam to Takeo, Cambodia.
- Trapeang Phlong international checkpoint.
- Xa Mat, Vietnam to Kampong Cham, Cambodia.
- Ha Tien international checkpoint.
- Xa Xia, Vietnam to Prek Chak, Cambodia.
- O’Yadaw international checkpoint.
- Le Tanh, Vietnam to Ratanakiri, Cambodia.
- Trapeang Srer international checkpoint.
- Binh Phuoc, Vietnam to Kratie, Cambodia.
- Banteay Chakre international checkpoint.
- Binh Phu, Vietnam to Prey Veng, Cambodia.
- Cham Yeam international checkpoint.
- Hat Lek, Thailand to Koh Kong, Cambodia.
- Poipet international checkpoint.
- Aranyaprathet, Thailand to Banteay Meanchey, Cambodia.
- O’Smach international checkpoint.
- Chong Sa Ngam/Choam international checkpoint.
- Chong Jom, Thailand to Oddar Meanchey, Cambodia.
- Prom international checkpoint.
- Si Sa Ket, Thailand to Oddar Meanchey, Cambodia.
- Ban Laem/Daung international checkpoint.
- Chantaburi, Thailand to Battambang, Cambodia.
- Nong Nokkhiane to Trapeang Kriel international checkpoint.
- Nong Nok Khiene, Laos to Trapeang Kriel, Stung Treng, Cambodia.
Once you get to the land border crossing in Cambodia (look up the list above), get your visa at a land border upon arrival. Once you’ve picked up a Visa Application form, duly fill it and sign where appropriate.
Upon completion of the form, you will submit the form along with your passport, passport photo, and pay the $35 fee in cash. Wait for a while and head over to the pickup counter where your name will be called.
Note: There are two visas available at the land border or airport, the “tourist visa” and an “E-ordinary visa.” Both are valid for 30 days, but the tourist visa cannot be extended. Since you are entering the country on a business basis, you need to get the “E-ordinary” visa, and not the “tourist” visa.
How To Get A Cambodia Business Visa At The Airport.
The process of getting a Cambodia business visa at the airport has been explored by many travelers into the country and today it is considered one of the easiest ways of getting a business visa to enter Cambodia.
With that been said, it is very much possible to get a Cambodia visa in the plane or upon arrival at the airport. Once you’ve picked up a Visa Application form, duly fill it and sign where appropriate. Head to the counter for submission.
Usually, there are two counters, the first is where you apply for your Visa and pay the application fee, and the second counter is where you will be called to pick up your passport with the Visa already placed inside.
Visa Requirements For Cambodia Business Visa
For every endeavor, there are requirements to be met. The necessary requirements on getting a business visa for the Kingdom of Cambodia are:
- Visa Application form. The visa application form must be completely filled and duly signed for authenticity purposes.
- Affix one has recently taken a passport photograph that is not more than six months.
- An actual passport that is at least valid 6 months upon entering Cambodia with a visa page with at least 2 free pages for the visa sticker.
- Supporting Documents should be submitted. These include:
- One (1) copy of a Letter of invitation from a company or organization in Cambodia or a letter from the sending company.
- A copy of the passport bio page.
- A copy of the most recent Cambodian visa (if necessary).
- Health insurance coverage of about $50,000.
- Accommodation Proof in Cambodia.
- Pay the visa application fee.
- Wait for the visa to be approved and sent to you.
Where To Apply For A Cambodia Business Visa?
There are several means provided to apply for a Cambodia business visa. You can visit the Cambodia embassy/consulate or visa application center. You can also apply online.
However, the current application to Cambodia can only be done in the Cambodian embassy. So, if you prefer to get your visa in advance, we advise you to visit the Cambodian embassy in your home country or the nearest one responsible for your jurisdiction.
Cambodia Business Visa Processing Time
A vital piece of information you need to know on How to get a Cambodia Business Visa is the time duration of the application process. The process is expected to be within 3-5 working days.
Who Is Eligible To Apply For Cambodia Business Visa?
It is important to find out if you are eligible to apply for a Cambodian business visa. Eligible people to apply for Cambodia Business are those:
- Who has accepted an employment offer from a company or organization in Cambodia;
- Who have a letter of invitation from a registered company/organization in Cambodia; and
- Who is being sent to Cambodia for business purposes by a registered company/organization in the United States?
What Is The Cost Of A Business Visa In Cambodia?
Cambodia Visa Fees for a business visa are $35 and you are to pay the fee in cash to the embassy of Cambodia. No personal checks or credit cards are required.
Getting a business visa for Cambodia has been outrightly discussed above providing you with sufficient information that will help you through the process.
Make sure you keep reading through and get acquainted with the application process.