Canada has in recent times become a choice destination for many foreign visitors including business persons. If you wish to enter Canada for business purposes, you will have to apply for Canada Business Visa.
This can be done online or by visiting the Canada Embassy/Consulate or visa application center in your country of residence. However, if you don’t understand what Business Visa for Canada is or you are not peculiar with the entire visa application process, we implore you to read through to the end to be enlightened.
How To Get A Business Visa For Canada (Comprehensive Guide)
You must familiarize yourself with the Canada business visa as a visitor, knowing what you can do as a business visitor, and the requirements to enter Canada.
Read Also: [Full Guide] How To Get Cambodia Business Visa
Foreign nationals or permanent residents who enter Canada for the sole aim to take part in international business activities without having to be part of the Canadian labor market, or who are traveling to Canada temporarily in search of measures to improve your business, invest, or advance your business relationships require a business visa for Canada.
The Canada business visa is a temporary resident visa in Canada. meaning business visitors are allowed to stay in Canada for a few days, a few weeks, or maximally for up to 6 months.
Also, holders of this visa are not permitted to work for any company in Canada, rather they can only discuss business and sign any potential agreements. Likewise, you cannot benefit from Canadian health coverage or apply to get Canadian documents.
Read Also: [Full Guide] How To Apply For Visa Extension In USA
Eligibility Criteria For Canada Business Visa
I know you are super excited to apply for your Canada business visa, but it is equally important that you find out if you are eligible to apply for this visa. So, before you apply, ensure that you qualify for or fulfill the requirement specifications below:
- You must have an established business in other aside from Canada.
- You must be an employee of a business registered in other countries besides Canada.
- You must have an income from a place of work that is located in your country of residence or any other country aside from Canada, to avoid you becoming an employee in Canada.
- A record showing that you have respect for other business visas from other countries.
- You present evidence showing that you are developing a business relationship with an existing and registered company in Canada or that you have been invited for a meeting, conference, or workshop in Canada.
How To Apply For the Canada Business Visa?
If you check all of the eligibility requirements outlined above, you can begin the application process to get a Canada Business Visa. The step-by-step approach is discussed below. They are as follows:
Read Also: [Full Guide] How To Apply For A Visa Extension In Canada
Step 1: Confirm your Eligibility for a Canada Business Visa.
Before you venture out to begin the visa application, make sure you confirm your eligibility status. This will prevent you from wasting your finance by applying and in the end, you are not eligible to apply. You can visit the Canada Embassy/Consulate or visa application center in your country of residence or the one in a neighboring country nearest to you.
Step 2: Compile the Document File and Application Forms for a Canada Business visa.
Once your eligibility has been confirmed, you need to gather all relevant documents (highlighted below), a prerequisite for your visa application. You may have to upload an e-version of these documents or submit them in person at the Canadian Embassy/Consulate or visa application center you apply from.
Step 3: Submit the Canada Business Visa Application
The next step is to complete the business visa application form. you can perform this task online or download the document to fill in a hard copy. Make sure you fill in all relevant information correctly as possible with honest answers. The information you provide must tally with those on your supporting document.
Read Also: [Best Guide] Costa Rica Tourist Visa Application
After completing the application, you have to print out this page as it will be needed for setting up your visa interview appointment or you can submit online depending on the requirement of the Canadian Embassy/Consulate or visa application center you apply from.
Step 4: Wait for Visa to be Processed
If you have completed the submission of your visa application form and submitted all required and supporting documents, you will have to wait for the processing and response to additional requests for information if demanded.
Step 5: Send your Passport for Stamping
You are to send your passport to the Canadian embassy/consulate or visa application center where you apply so that it can be notarized and stamped.
Requirements For Canada Business Visa Application
We earlier stated that during the application process you will be required to submit some documents, we have listed those mandatory documents that you need to go along with on the day of your appointment at the Canadian visa Embassy/Consulate or visa application center. These are:
- Your national passport and a duplicate copy of the main page containing your personal information.
- Visa application form for a Canada visa that is filled out and signed.
- Proof of criminal record gotten from the police department in your country of residence.
- A medical certificate of fitness is used to demonstrate that you are in excellent health.
- Passport-size photographs that meet the photo specification for a Canada visa.
- The financial/bank statement serves as evidence of financial strength to meet your need.
- A proof of your travel schedule indicating both your departure to Canada and return to your country after your Canadian visa expires.
- Documents demonstrating your identity and civil status.
- A cover letter that explains the purpose of your visit to Canada.
Also, other documents focus on the business visa checklist for Canada that you are required to submit. These includes:
- Schedule – 1.
- Family information form.
- Document checklist.
- Duplicate copies of your flight ticket reservations as well as hotel bookings.
- Invitation letter from the organization you are visiting or business event you are attending.
- A No Objection Letter of Certification (NOC) from your employer must include your work title, pay, and the reason for your visit to Canada.
- Letters of support from your parent company sponsoring you to Canada.
- A letter from you to the Canadian government explaining why they should grant you a visa.
- Extra/Supporting documents relating to your business (if applicable).
- 24-hour contact details of your business host in Canada.
What Are The Canada Business Visa Fees?
Going further in our discourse on How to Get Business Visa for Canada is to find out the cost of this business visa. Knowing the cost of the business visa will help you prepare adequately and to know whether you are prepared to get the visa at the moment.
As such, the cost to apply for the Canadian Business Visa is around CAD$100. There is an additional fee of CAD$85 in case your biometric information will be captured. In total, you will be expected to pay CAD$185 for the visa application process.
Once your visa application is approved, you will have to pay CAD$45 for passport processing.
What is The Processing Period Of a Canada Business Visa?
The processing time for Canada Business Visa is affected by different factors. Most times, because of the viable economy of Canada, their embassy/consulate are bombarded with loads of visa application which increase the workload of the Canadian Embassy.
This in most case often lead the application process application to about 1 to 6 weeks for the Business Visa to be processed.
How Long Is The Canada Business Visa Valid?
We mentioned earlier that the Canadian Business Visa is a Temporary Resident Visa that permits holders to stay in the country for not more than 6 months. However, you are to stay in the country base on the valid number of days stated in your application, which can be less than 6 months.
Depending on your circumstance, the Embassy where you apply could give you a visa with a valid longer period, such as 3, 5, or even 10 years, but you must not stay in Canada for more than 6 months at a time.
Canada is a great country to do business considering the viable economy of the country.
From our discussion, you should now have sufficient information that will help you through the visa application process from beginning to end. We sure hope you find this informative piece helpful.