Germany Student Visa Requirements- Studying and living as a foreign student in Germany will help you enhance your career, learn a new language, meet new people, and have a life-changing experience that you will cherish for years to come.
International students in Germany have access to hundreds of universities that offer either free or extremely low-cost tuition. In the fields of engineering, medicine, architecture, and business, Germany is a top choice.
A major draw for students from around the world is the opportunity to pursue a world-class education while also immersing themselves in the vibrant culture of Germany.
Step By Step Guide To Apply For Student Visa In Germany
If you have all of the necessary paperwork, the application procedure is rather straightforward. However, it’s important that you go prepared.
To obtain a student visa for Germany, follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit German Embassy Close To You/ German Website
To get in touch with the German embassy or consulate in your country, please visit the official German website. Go to the German embassy in your country and fill out an application for a visa. You should make an appointment to speak with someone about the application process in the embassy before fully applying.
Read Also: Greece Students Visa Requirements and How to apply
The German Embassy/Consulate in a neighboring country or a visa application center to whom the German authorities have outsourced the visa applications should be used if your country does not have one.
Step 2: Examine all of the necessary paperwork.
Check your paperwork before you leave for your appointment to avoid any surprises. German embassies’ official websites provide information on the unique document needs of your country.
Step 3: Preparation is key for the visa interview.
Make sure you’re prepared for the German student visa interview by researching frequent interview questions online.
You should also bring a copy of your payment confirmation for the visa application fee with you to the meeting.
Requirements for International Students in Germany to Apply for a Student Visa
If you want to study in Germany, you must meet the following criteria:
- Two photocopies of your passport.
- Two filled out and signed national visa forms.
- Marriage certificate (if married).
- Two recently taken biometric portrait photographs.
- Your valid national passport.
- Child’s certificate (if you have children).
- Birth certificate.
- Photocopies of previous German residence titles. (If you have been to Germany before).
- Previous Schengen Visa.
- Previous Resident Permit.
- Proof of Financial Resources. If you want to study in Germany, you’ll need to show that you can support yourself financially. You may need one or more of the following, depending on your situation:
Blocked Bank Account: Fintiba allows you to open a restricted bank account online.
This bank is acknowledged by German embassies and consulates worldwide.
Letter of commitment:
Someone who resides in Germany and can demonstrate that they will fund your lodging and/or other living expenses can provide you with this document.
Read Also: How To Apply For Singapore Students Visa (Step By Step Guide)
Letter of declaration:
Your parents are demonstrating their commitment to helping you out financially while you’re away.
If you’ve been awarded a scholarship, the certificate should specify how much money you’ve received from the scholarship and who the recipient is.
- Proof of Admission can be one of the following.
Letter of admission in foundation/propaedeutic/German language course.
Original certificates of previous education.
University admission letter.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Motivational Letter: Describe your motivations for enrolling in this particular program and your long-term goals.
- Travel Health Insurance: it must cover the period from your departure until the date of enrolling at the German university, which is approximately three months.
- Documentation showing you’ve paid the visa processing fee.
- A document attesting to your fluency in German. for German or mixed-language broadcasts;
Proof of fluency in the English language. (For programs in English or a combination of English and another language.).
Read Also: How To Apply For Scotland Students Visa (Stel By Step Guide)
* Additional papers or verification of certificates may be requested by German embassies and consulates at any time.
For additional information, you may download this guide Here
Germany Student Visa Requirements For European Students
Students in Germany do not require a visa to attend school there. To study in Germany, citizens of the following countries do not need a visa:
- El Salvador
- San Marino
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- United States
In order to study in Germany, if your country of origin is not on the list above, you will require a visa. However, you need not be concerned, as we will provide you with all the necessary details in this post.
Read Also: How To Apply For A UK Students Visa (Step By Step Guide)
Keep in mind that, if you’re from one of the countries listed above, you must register with the local Residents’ Registration Office within two weeks of arriving in Germany.
In addition, citizens of countries such as Andorra, Brazil, El Salvador, Honduras, Monaco, and San Marino must get a visa if they plan to work while in school or after they graduate.
To Study In Germany, What Kind Of Visa Do I Require?
You will need to apply for a visa to Germany based on the purpose of your trip. Short-term/Schengen visas are not available for visits to Germany that are intended to be educational or long-term (C Visa). Nevertheless, you will have to apply for a long-term Germany National Visa (D Visa).
There are three sorts of German student visas to bear in mind, depending on your study program’s requirements.
Visas for language courses:
The length of the German language program ranges from three months to a year.
Student Visa Application:
If the university to which you applied has yet to send you an official letter of admission, or if you need to take entrance exams offered by the university, this is the place to go. It is valid for three months with the option of extending it to six months.
A student visa:
If you’ve been admitted to a German university, you’ll be eligible for this long-term visa. After arriving in Germany, make sure you register with your local Alien Registration Office so that you can receive your Residence Permit.
10 Benefits Of Studying In Germany As A Foreign Student
- There is no cost for students to attend most colleges and universities (and very low fees in others).
- World-class education by highly qualified staff.
- Hundreds of academic courses to pick from.
- It’s a fascinating place to visit with a rich history.
- Students from around the world and a wide range of backgrounds.
- Become fluent in both German and English.
- After graduating, you’ll have countless chances to work in Germany.
- There’s no need to learn German to take any of these courses; they may all be done in English.
- Rent, food, transportation, health insurance, telephone/internet, school supplies, and recreational activities all fall within a budget of 720-850 Euros a month in Germany.
- One of the world’s most developed countries, with its unique culture, history or geography to be discovered.
How Much Bank Balance Is Required For Germany Student Visa?
You will need at 10,332 euros to be in your block account before applying for a German student visa.
How Long Does It Take To Get A German Student Visa?
After the interview, the processing time should not be more than 15 to 20 working days.
How Much Does A Student Visa To Germany Cost?
If you are under 18 years of age, it will cost you just 38 Euros to process your student visa in Germany but if you are above 18 years of age, it will cost you 76 Euros.
What Is The Age Limit For Student Visa In Germany?
There is no age limit for a German student visa
Is There An Interview For a German Student Visa?
Yes, you will have to attend an interview that may be online base after you submitted your application later.
Studying in Germany will expose you to a wide area of lifestyle, innovations, and premium education. So, we have provided you with the information you need to know about student visa applications and requirements for Germany.
If there is additional information you need to know, you can drop a comment down below.