Turkey is quite a beautiful country and no doubt, everyone across the globe would love to behold the beauty of a country such as Turkey, especially, its largest city ‘Istanbul’. Though, traveling from Nigeria to turkey is never easy without the right steps taken and without the right documents, which is why most Nigerians sorting to migrate from Nigeria to turkey today keep asking the question, how do I travel from Nigeria to turkey? Here is the good news, here at travellersgist, we have got you covered as we bring you the step-by-step guide on how to travel from Nigeria to turkey.
How To Travel From Nigeria To Turkey
To travel from Nigeria to Turkey, without doubt, would be by flight, and for you as a Nigerian to get on a flight on its way to turkey from Nigeria, requires you to possess all of the following;
Read Also: How To Travel From Nigeria To Norway [Effective Approach]
- A valid international passport
- An approved Schengen Turkey Visa
- A scheduled flight ticket
Citizens of Nigeria can now apply for a visa to Turkey electronically. Candidates must fill out an application form that includes information about their trip, such as their nationality, marital status, and travel itinerary.
Read Also: How To Travel From Nigeria To Canada [Tested Methods]
To Enter Turkey, Do Nigerians Need A Visa?
There is a visa requirement for Nigerian citizens and passport holders, even if their stay is only a few days. The E-Visa is the fastest way to get a Turkish visa. Travelers can stay in Turkey for up to a month with an e-Visa.
Read Also: How To Travel From Nigeria to Italy [Surest Methods]
Tourists, vacationers, and businesspeople can use this visa to travel to Turkey for all of these purposes. Remember that e-Visas are not available for long-term stays, such as attending school or working abroad. In order to do so, you must visit the Turkish embassy nearest you and apply for a Turkish visa.
Read Also: How To Travel From Nigeria To Georgia
Who Is Eligible For A Turkey E-Visa Application?
A visa is not required for diplomatic passport holders to stay in Turkey for up to 90 days. All other passport holders must obtain a visa to enter Turkey, whether it is a sticker visa or an eVisa. Before you travel to Turkey, you must have a visa.
Read Also: How To Travel From Nigeria To Thailand [3 Effective Ways]
What exactly is an e-Visa?
For Nigerians, the Turkish e-Visa is valid for the period of 180 days from the date of arrival in Turkey. There is a one-month maximum stay permitted for visitors
The e-Visa Application Form for Turkey
In order to apply for a Turkey eVisa as a Nigerian, you must have the following documents at hand:
- A passport that will expire no later than five months after the date of entry into Turkey is required.
- A credit or debit card is required to cover the visa processing fee.
- A working email address.
How Do I Fill Out the Application Form?
- The first page of the electronic visa application asks for information such as your country of birth and the type of passport you currently hold. Fill out this form only if you have a valid passport; otherwise, your application will be rejected.
- In order to determine the visa cost, it is important to know the type of passport you have. The 90-day visa-free period for diplomatic passport holders is as follows: Travel document, ordinary, Nansen, identity card, or Alien’s passport are all options.
- Next, you’ll have to choose a date for your arrival in Turkey. This step aids the immigration authorities in figuring out how long a visa is going to be valid for.
- Your name, surname, address, phone number, birth date and nationality will be requested in order to process your application. It is mandatory that you declare Nigerian nationality, but if you hold dual nationality, you should only use the passport from the country you wish to declare your citizenship to.
- After that, you’ll fill out your travel information, including the information from your passport. This includes the passport number, the country of issuance, the expiration date, and the reason for travel.
- A single-entry visa or multiple-entry visa is also mentioned. To enter Turkish territory with an e-Visa, you must have a single-entry travel visa.
- Provide information about your trip to Turkey, such as a hotel reservation or the address of a relative or sponsor, as well as information about your return flight and proof of sufficient funds.
- In order to show that you can afford your stay in Turkey, you can provide a bank statement or other document.
- The documents you provide must show that you can spend no less than $50 per day.
- Following the completion of the necessary paperwork, you will be asked for the Turkish visa fees.
- To complete the transaction, you can make use of your MasterCard, Visa, or PayPal account.
- Your passport photo and digital scan of your biography page, as well as any additional documentation required, such as your residence permit, must be submitted after this step has been completed.
Turkey Visa Requirements
There are a number of prerequisites and supporting documentation that must be submitted as part of any Turkey Visa application. These are some of the documents that are contained within:
- Authentic Nigerian Passport (valid for 90 days longer than the requested visa)
- A Fill out the application form completely.
- Passport-size photos
- Documents that support the purpose of the upcoming trip.
- Proof of health care coverage is required.
- Payment proof for the visa application fee.
- Documentation of a company’s financial resources.
- Visa’s processing charge (varies depending on visa type and your nationality).
Turkey visas are available in a variety of forms; determining which one is right for you is the first step toward obtaining a visa. Generally speaking, there are two types of visas. Single-entry and multiple-entry visas. Visitors can only enter the country once while using a single-entry visa.
For whatever reason, visitors who leave Turkey before their visas have expired are not allowed to return with the same visa. For multiple-entry visas, the situation is reversed. With this visa, you can leave and return to Turkey as many times as you like during the time allowed on your visa. Nigerians are eligible for a variety of Turkey visas, including the following:
Types of Turkish Visas
Turkish Tourist visa
This visa is for Nigerian citizens who wish to travel to Turkey to see friends and family. Visitors can stay in the country for up to three months on single-entry tourist visas (90 days). Those applying for a tourist visa must provide their travel plans as well as evidence that they will be able to support themselves financially during their stay.
Turkish Business Visa
For short-term meetings, conferences, or lectures, short-term visas are issued. The majority of business visas are valid for 90 days. In order to apply for this visa, applicants must provide proof of their reason for travel.
Turkish Student Visa
Student visas are multi-entry visas granted to those who wish to pursue higher education in Turkey. To be eligible for a student visa in Turkey, an applicant must first have been accepted by an institution of higher education. An official letter from the college or university is required to back up this claim by the applicant. Applicants are required to show that they have the financial means to pay for their education.
Turkish Work Visa
In order to work in Turkey, a person needs a visa. Proof of employment must be sent to the Turkish Ministry of Labor and Social Security by the Turkish employers of these applicants (MLSS). Within 30 days of arriving in Turkey, holders of Work visas must apply for a residence permit. Applicants must also demonstrate that they can afford to live and maintain themselves in Turkey once they arrive.
Turkish Research Visa
Researchers who are in the country solely for research purposes are eligible for a Research visa. A copy of their passport photo and application form would be required for each member of the team. A letter of sponsorship from a Turkish institution or museum is required of all applicants.
Turkish Transit Visa
People traveling through Turkey on their way to another country will need a transit visa from Turkey. Valid for three days only.
How Much Does It Cost To Travel From Nigeria To Turkey?
Flying from Nigeria to Turkey costs between $340 and $1,000 and takes 9 hours and 44 minutes.
How Long Does It Take To Get Turkey Visa From Nigeria?
It takes approximately 8 working days to obtain a Turkish tourist or business visa. When the visa is processed and approved, applicants are notified.
Where is Turkey Embassy In Nigeria?
The Turkish Embassy in Nigeria is located in Abuja;
Address Plot: 333, Central Business District, Diplomatic Drive, Abuja, Nigeria
Email Address: [email protected]
Website Address: http://abuja.emb.mfa.gov.tr
Where to Get a Turkish Visa Application Form in Nigeria
An online application or a letter to the Turkish Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria, is required to obtain a visa. The Turkish embassy request phone number can also be used by applicants.
How to Schedule a Turkish Visa Appointment in Nigeria
A minimum of eight weeks should elapse between when an appointment is made and when it is actually taken place. Applicants will be notified of the travel date as soon as they submit the necessary information online while scheduling an appointment. A month’s worth of appointments is all that is required of applicants. Once an applicant has scheduled an appointment online, they should print out the confirmation page. Confirmation page demonstrates that an appointment has been scheduled.
How and Where to Pay Turkish Visa Fees
Turkey’s e-visa portal is the best place to make payments. It’s possible to pay for your application at the Turkey visa application center as well! The application’s status can be checked online once the necessary fees have been paid and the application has been submitted.
How much is Turkey Visa Fee?
According to the type of visa and the duration of the visa, the cost of a Turkish visa can fluctuate over time and in the context of a particular case.
How to Submit a Turkey Visa Application Form
Online submission of the Turkish visa application form is the preferred method. Applicants must show up at their appointment day to submit their biometric data and all other supporting documents.
Turkey Visa Processing Time
Dependent on the visa type, the processing time varies. The length of time it takes to process a visa depends on how thorough the application is. Turkish visas for tourism and business take about 8 working days. Approved visas are communicated to applicants via email or phone call. Whether documents are returned via courier is determined by the selection made during the order process.
Does Turkey Visa Get Rejected?
Depending on your country of origin, you can apply for a Turkey e-visa online if you need to visit Turkey. Visa applications are generally accepted. It’s possible that your visa application will be turned down for a variety of reasons. Visa denials are rarely explained by the appropriate authorities.
Can Nigerians work in Turkey?
Yes, However, a work visa and permit are required for Nigerians who plan to work in Turkey. Government of Turkey Ministry of Labor and Social Security Issues Permit (MLSS). Most foreigners should apply for their work permits at the same time they apply for their work visas, if possible.
Is it easy to find job in Turkey?
The current unemployment rate in Turkey is around 10%, which is a very high figure. Anyone contemplating a move to Turkey for the purpose of finding work should know that employment opportunities are scarce. While this may seem impossible, keep in mind that there is a dearth of suitably skilled local workers in some areas.
Migrating from Nigeria to Turkey is quiet easy as long as you got your visa approve, which appears to be no difficult task following the steps right above, and be sure to be financially okay to ensure your successful entry into Turkey.