We will be dealing with the topic of How to Get a Business Visa for Malaysia. The Southeast Asian country aside from being a tourist destination over the years is also considered a place to work. That is because the country has a robust economy and is full of many opportunities.
So, if you are one of those interested to enter Malaysia for business purposes, you will need to apply for a Business visa in Malaysia. Get ready as we unveil to you the application processes and other information you need to know.
How To Get A Business Visa For Malaysia (Step By Step Guide)
Typical of every country in the world, a visa permit will be required before you can enter the country except if you are coming from a country having a visa exemption agreement.
So, if you want to travel to Malaysia for business purposes, obtaining a Business Visa for Malaysia is simple and hassle-free.
Read Also: [Full Guide] How To Get Cambodia Business Visa
A business visa is a Malaysia business visa permit that allows foreign nationals that want to enter the country for business purposes such as attending meetings and seminars, signing contracts, and finalizing deals.
Presently, there is no online application for a Malaysian business visa. But with one of the online Malaysia tourist visas, those who wish to enter Malaysia for business purposes that do not involve paid employment can do so.
Read Also: [Full Guide] How To Get A Business Visa For Canada
In March 2017, Malaysia launched two types of electronic visas which are:
- Malaysia eVisa for citizens of a selected eligible country; and
- eNTRI for Chinese and Indian passport holders, which allows foreign visitors to obtain travel authorization online.
These two types of visas for Malaysia were primarily introduced to ease the process of obtaining a tourist visa for the country.
However, to get a Valid Visa for the country, it is expected that you route your application through a travel agency/Visa processing agency in your country or jurisdiction.
Read Also: [Full Guide] How To Apply For Visa Extension In USA
Importantly, if you intend to conduct business in Malaysia, you can enter the country and be able to do so by traveling with an approved tourist eVisa which can be applied online. This is until when the Malaysian government launched a new eVisa for business purposes.
How To Get Business Visa For Malaysia
It is important to learn the process of applying for a Malaysian business visa. The process is not tedious and can be done within no time.
As such, we have compiled below a step-by-step guide on How to Get a Business visa for Malaysia from beginning to end. The process includes:
Step 1 – Clarify the Purpose of the Visit.
Before you apply for yours, ensure you are very clear on your ‘purpose of visiting the country before you begin your application process.
Step 2 – Complete Visa Application Form
Next is to complete your visa application form and attach your passport photograph. You may download the form from the official website.
Read Also: [Complete Guide] How To Get A Work Permit Visa For Japan
Step 3 – Passport Photograph Requirement
You must make sure the passport photograph affixed to your form meets the specifications provided. The requirements are to be followed to avoid being refused at the point of submission.
Step 4 – Gather all Required Documents
Ensure you attach all supporting documents required. Also, make sure your application is duly filled, complete, and signed because incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Step 5 – Submit all Required Documents
Once all documentation has been gotten, you are to submit your application along with all documents at the VFS Malaysia Visa Application Centre in your home country.
Upon the successful submission of your application, track your application online while waiting for your application to be approved.
You can collect your approved visa from the Malaysia Embassy/Consulate/VFS Centre or will be sent to you via courier delivery. You need to present your original receipt issued to you at the time of submission of the visa application.
Documents Required To Apply For A Malaysia Business Visa
Regarding the process involved in How to Get a Business Visa for Malaysia, there are required documents you need to submit in order to submit a business visa application online.
This is a must-met requirement by all applicants for a Malaysia visa. So, the following documents should be submitted when completing the form:
- Submit the visa application form. The form must be duly filled with proper information and must be signed by the applicant.
- A valid passport is valid for at least 6 months from the arrival date in Malaysia, and it must contain at least 3 blank pages.
- 3 copies of a passport-sized photograph that meets the eVisa photo requirements.
- Financial/Bank statements that are at least 3 months as proof of financial means to cover the stay.
- Provide a valid email address to which a copy of the approved visa will be sent.
- Confirmed return flight tickets with flight details.
- Cover letter from receiving company. The cover letter must include the following information:
- The details of the traveler’s stay in the country.
- It must contain the traveler’s information as well as the company’s and should be issued on the company’s letterhead along with an official signature and seal.
- Invitation letter of the receiving company. The invitation letter from the company submitted should fulfill the following criteria:
- There must be a signature of the authority along with the designation, name of the company, and stamp.
- The contact details, the purpose of travel, sponsorship details, and other important documents must be mentioned in the letter.
- The letter must be addressed to the respective diplomatic mission.
- A government ID Card must be provided as proof of identification and nationality.
Considering the above requirements, you may be further required to submit additional documents to support your application process but it depends on the requirements of individual application centers.
Once you touch down at the Malaysian international port (air), you (holder of an eVisa for business) will be required to show the documents listed below to an immigration official to gain entry to the country:
- The same passport was used to complete the Malaysia visa application.
- A colored printout of the approved business eVisa.
- A proof of financial statement to cover the stay.
- Evident boarding pass and confirmed return flight tickets.
- Document a travel plan for the stay.
- Proof of accommodation in Malaysia either hotel residential or address of taking in.
Furthermore, it is necessary to use the same passport you used to complete your application to enter Malaysia because an approved eVisa is linked to that specific passport.
Eligibility For Getting Malaysia Business Visa
To find out if you are eligible to get a business visa to travel to Malaysia, you will have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must have a valid and good intentions for traveling to the country.
- You must possess sufficient funds to support yourself and any dependents throughout your stay in the country.
- You must have strong relationships in your home country that will ensure that you are able to return after your stay.
- Portray good character, and you must have a clean criminal track record. You may have to provide Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) for the same.
- You must maintain a quality health status that at least meet the minimum health requirements required by the authorities.
- You must have a genuine reason for wanting to do business in the country. Also, you must possess a valid invitation from a genuine company located in the country with whom you are/will be doing business.
Visa Fees For Malaysia Business Visa
You are expected to pay for your visa application fee which will be used to process your visa.
So, the amount required of you to pay if it is a single-entry Normal visa with a stay duration of 30 days and validity of 3 months is 2800 Malaysian ringgit. The fee required to pay for a multiple-entry Normal visa with a stay duration of 30 days and a validity of 3 months is 6220 Malaysian ringgit.
That is much we can discuss and I hope you had fun reading this informative piece on How to Get Business Visa for Malaysia.
You have been enlightened on the documentation required to process your visa. Also, the guide on how you can apply for the visa is provided and discussed.
We recommend however that you make your application process on time months before your duly departure date.